Sunday, March 9, 2014

DeNami Design Fuzzy Friends blog hop

So glad that you have stopped by today. I have a card to share with you for this month's DeNami Design Fuzzy friends blog hop. You should've arrived here from Lyndal's blog. If you get lost along the way, you can head back to the DeNami Design blog for a full list of participants.

For my project, I wanted to recreate my very first card that I made using DeNami stamps. When I was a Girl Friday at CAS-ual Fridays, DeNami sponsored one of our challenges and the team received some fabulous product to work with. You can see my first card here.
 
 
 
For today's card, I inked up Elephant onto some gray cardstock and cut him out. I used my notebook die to die cut some cardstock and adhered some graph paper to the front. I attached my elephant using foam adhesive and then added my Stomping By sentiment. I wrapped some twine around the bottom. For the rainbow chevrons, I inked up Modern Borders in rainbow fashion. This piece was actually a remnant of another project that I never parted with because I just knew it would some day find it's way onto a card front *wink*.

So your next stop along the hop is right here. My 6 1/2 year old daughter, Leah, created a card for the hop. She decided to pick out as many chickies that she could find between her stash and mine, and then lined them all up.  She started off with them lined up in two rows, but when she actually went to start stamping them she realized that she could fit more in a single row.  I helped her trim her cardstock and that was it.
 
 
 She told me that when she was designing her card, she lined up the chickies on the bottom because they are watching a movie. The pink on her Chickie and Butterflies is ink that came off of another image she colored. She used Fuzzy Ball and drew her own beak and legs and created her own eyes with a blue copic marker. Do I have a stamp illustrator in the making? lol. Here is what she has to say about her card.

"My card is a movie card. All those fuzzy creatures are watching the movie. You see that chickie fairy up there? That makes the show work. After the chickie catches the butterflies, a hot air balloon is supposed to come. But something was wrong with the movie because the chickie fairy was in the living room. The reason why they had the movie is to say "I 'm sad that you have to go away tomorrow. Because that's when the surfer chickie moves to Hawaii. And also she promised that they  would be together forever. What would she do? She would vanish forever."

Okay, so that was quite the dialogue. I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. Your next stop along the hop is none other than the super talented and so sweet, Paulina. I am on the edge of my seat to see what she created.
 
Don't forget about the THREE gift certificates that will be given away! One gift certificate will go to a random participant and TWO gift certificates to TWO people who comment along the hop! You have until March 9, 2014 11:59pm PST to comment and be eligible.

Have a great rest of the week!
 


45 comments:

  1. Deb.....super cute card and Leah....your card ROCKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encouraged by daughter to make a card yesterday for me to included on my blog, but its way too nice outside! I couldn't get her to come in to stamp. Anyway, I love seeing what Leah creates! So fun that you re-created your 1st DeNami card. I can't even remember what my 1st DeNami card looked like --- OH, about 15 years ago or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Deb, the rainbow chevron background is a great addition to that fun little elephant! A great design to re-create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, I wish I was watching a movie right now like the lined up chickies! Your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that your daughter gave so much thought to her card and had a story behind what she was creating. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I get the "Stomping by" sentiment. I saw it on the online store and didn't understand it!! It made a cute card. Your daughters card is great. How wonderful that she has such an imagination and made a whole story to go with her card. .And designed what she wanted on the chicks. Good for her. She made a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter's card is cute! I liked yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. And I love your daughter's card too. Those little chicks are too cute. That little story she told is hilarious. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that your daughter want to stamp with Mom. Her card and the creative story are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sweet cards. Love your daughters too ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards! Love the elephant ... such a classy CAS card, and your daughter's card is so sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The elephant is adorable and LOVE that cute sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet elephant card!! Cute chicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leah has quite the imagination & it's obvious she really has fun with her stamping! Love your card, Deb! Need to use my backgrounds more--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You both made great cards!! I love your rainbow chevron panel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet! Love your card and your daughter's. Please tell her she did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and the elephant- and love your card maker in the making's creation....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you have a talented daughter. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are sweet - you can never start those little cardmakers too early!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't they come up with the most amazing stories? My four y/o grandson was stamping chickies with me on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute cards Deb and Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards both of you! Still giggling at the fun story that comes with Leah's card! And I'd never be able to even remember how long ago my first DeNami card/stamp even was! More than 15 years ago for sure! But your elephant card, Deb is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too loved both cards, I really like the rainbow chevron. I don't know if I could compete with Leah - precious card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you recreated your card Deb, both are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your imagination Leah and wish I could have watch the movie with your chickies! This is very cute, you did a GOOD job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love it when the little ones get involved in cards too. My granddaughter just loves to help!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute elephant card and love the chickies lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet card that Leah made!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the zig zag paper with that cute elephant and your daughter's card is the CUTEST!!! Good for her..a crafter in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card looks great in it's "simpleness" (is that an english word ??).
    But your daughter sure will become a great card-maker, story-teller, and maybe moviestar !?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card. And it looks like Leah worked very hard. I like how she used the stamps and also added some of her own drawing. I also enjoyed her story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, that is quite a detailed story to go with Leah's card--I loved reading all about it!! Lovely work, Leah!!

    And the same goes for Mom! Your card is so sweet, Deb! I love the rainbow-striped zigzag panel in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How fun to have a little stamping partner who is so dang creative! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You both created beautiful cards. How fun to have someone to share your love of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super cute projects. Great coloring Leah~~

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW!! LOVING your SWEET CARDS!! AWESOME Design Leah!! Making me SMILE!! =) THANKS so much for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lots of talent in your family! Both cards are beautiful and I love your chevron banner. Does yours have a story to go with it as well? That was the most entertaining card I think I have ever seen!
    Thanks for sharing ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What fun cards!!! Especially love that elephant stamp --- and fantastic chickies, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Deb! Your card is so cute. I just went to see your other elephant card and it is pretty cool too! Leah, your chickies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Deb, you're card is so cute...love all those colorful chevrons!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Leah, your card is just wonderful!!! I love all those chickies and how you made the chickie border at the bottom. You are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oooo...Deb, I LOVE that strip of colorful chevrons! So happy and fun!!! And Leah did a wonderful job on her fuzzy friends card too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!