Thursday, December 19, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Meets Craft Dash, Happy New Year

Hi friends. Today I have a card to share with you for this week's CAS-ual Fridays post. Yes, you read that right. Today CAS-ual Fridays is teaming up with the 10 Minute Craft Dash over at Pretty Pink Posh. The challenge is to create a clean and simple New Years project. If you create it in under 10 minutes, then you can also link up over at the 10 Minute Craft Dash.
 
 
Our fabulous sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. The winner of this challenge will earn a stamp set of their choice.
  
 
To create a project in such a short time is always a huge challenge for me. To make is a bit easier this time around (hmmm, are the holidays getting stressful?) I chose to use a previous card for some sketch inspiration. 
 
I inked up Countdown from CAS-ual Fridays and colored it in with my Copics.  I honestly gave no thought to how I would color in my shapes until I tried stamping the border a second time and the bottom row didn't stamp off well. So  even though I had randomly colored in a few, it actually ended up being in a pattern. Now how lucky was that? I tied some aquamarine twine around my sentiment strip before I adhered it to the cardfront with some foam adhesive.
 
This card was completed in 8 minutes and 29 seconds. Our challenge will run for 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what you create!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this gorgeous trendy card, Deb! Wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy healthy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice when mistakes turn out to be great design. This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfectly modern CAS card Deb, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this very trendy Happy New Years card! Fun pattern mistake too:)....CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, crisp creation Deb~lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Deb! I love it when luck or serendipity show up while I'm crafting and help to make a card!! Happy Holidays! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your color scheme & great CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!