Monday, September 30, 2013

Pages with Papertrey, Use a negative die

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all have had a nice and relaxing weekend. I was lucky enough to have Friday off from work. This meant that I got to meet my little girl for lunch. I try to meet her at least once a month. We have such a fun time chatting over peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. After lunch, I was able to quickly put together this layout for Pages with Papertrey 15: Use the negative die cut for your layout. I used a sketch from Got Sketches which you can find here.
 
 
All of the elements except the cream border are from the Becky Higgins Sweet Baby kit. Since Leah's Easter dress had pink flowers in it, I thought it would be fun to incorporate some pink into Joshua's baby album. It is an Easter layout, right? So I chose colors that went with her dress. I used PTI's Turning a New Leaf die on the yellow graph paper to allow the green polka dots to show through. I layered a die cut flower from Beautiful Blooms #2 and added an epoxy sticker from the kit for the center. For the title, I used PTI's Angled Labels and added some letter rub ons from the kit. To the right I added a metal clip with another epoxy sticker. And lastly, I used an old EK Success border punch on the cream cardstock.
 
This layout came together for me pretty quickly, just a couple of hours. That is quite a feat for me since I can mull over a layout for days most of the time. Yay for the little things! I have about 10 pages left of Joshua's baby album and I still have a goal to finish before the end of the year. That means I need to do about 3 pages a month. That is honestly a lot for me to do, but it is still possible. We shall see. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet layout Deb, how fat time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww look how CUTE they are!! Very sweet LO Deb, I like the fun brads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful page, Deb! Adorable kids & the perfect papers & embellishments--love the negative die cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!