Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pages with Papertrey, Family time

TGIF! It's been a long work week for me, despite the holiday. Whew! I am back, as promised, with the second half of a layout for Pages with Papertrey.

 
Today's layout it for Sketch 16. I took the liberty to tweak the placement for the title and journaling to fit my needs. I added the same background stamping to the kraft cardstock to match the second half of this two page layout. Although this album is full of 2 page layouts, I guess I can officially say that I have played along with Challenge 18: Create a 2 page layout.


I used stickers from the Becky Higgins Sweet Baby kit for the title, along with my Silhouette Cameo. The diagonal red stripe washi tape reminds me of candy canes, ya think? I added some more glittered buttons. There aren't really many opportunities to add glitter to boy scrapbook pages, but I think Christmas layouts are perfect for this. The red patterned paper is from a huge DCWV Christmas pack and the green paper is from the Becky Higgins kit. I added the subtitle using PTI's Label Basics for the diecut and Signature Christmas. I thought it was perfect since the photo on the left is of Joshua celebrating his first New Year's Eve. The final touch was adding some machine stitching to the polka dot paper.

Well, that's all for today. Stay tuned to the blog for some more kraft since the DeNami blog hop is tomorrow! See you then!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute layout!

    I just love seeing the cousins together. Baby Josh has been a great primer for Caleb as he stepped into the roll of big brother times two this summer. The girls are so beautiful. We had such an amazing time together that Christmas. We kinda like it there, don't we?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute page Deb, the pictures of the kiddo are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is so lovely, Deb! You have such a gift!
    I love the feel of this with the kraft and the black & white photos! So classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!