Friday, May 31, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays, Congratulations

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week. I know that the blog has been quiet this last week, but I have managed to find some time to create a few things in my craftroom: a few cards, a couple of layouts and even a super simple sewing project. Wow, I can't believe it myself.

So my card for today is for CAS-ual Fridays. The challenge is to create a clean and simple project with a congratulatory theme.
 
 

Our fabulous sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. The winner of this challenge will win a stamp set of their choice.
 
 
 To create my card, I used a medallion made from vintage book print that was left over from another project. Love that! I die cut my angled rectangle and inked up Amazeballs from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps in kraft ink. The sentiment is from Countdown.
 
  
 I created my card with a very special person in mind. This is for my friend, Margaret. After 25+ years of working as a Respiratory Therapist, she is finally retiring. We worked in the same department for 9 years before it closed. She has been there for me from the very start. She had a rockin' time at my wedding, gave me a shoulder to cry on when my mother and grandmother passed away, and has said many prayers for my children.
 
Here she is wearing fuschia at my wedding.
 
Margaret with another coworker and friend.
 
This was taken before she needed surgery. She anticipated the pain to be very bad, so she wanted to have a lot of pain meds. She wanted the nurses to know that her pain was a 10/10 without having to say a word. If you are in the medical field, then you will find it quite funny.

Margaret, it was such a joy to work with you. You have taught everything I need to know! Let's celebrate your retirement!!!
 
 

 
 



8 comments:

  1. Love this! I bet Margaret will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Great card! I'm sure Margaret will love and enjoy this beautiful card especially made for her :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! I haven't made a medallion in a long time, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous medallion and card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful CAS card. And, awesome pics. Your friend sounds like a fantastic RT. I used to work with a bunch of RT's--and they all had such great senses of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty!! your friend will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tribute to your friend! I had an ER nurse friend retire yesterday too...someone I've worked with for 20+ years. It is sad to say so long to them from the work place, but we will remain friends too. Nice card using the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading the stories behind your cards :) She is blessed to have you in her life (and vice versa)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!