Monday, August 6, 2012

DeNami sketch challenge #13

Happy Monday everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. It's time for the Denami sketch challenge!!! Today's sketch was created by the talented Kanani.






I created my card using Desert Orange cardstock for my card base and white cardstock for the front panel. I absolutely loved what Kanani did for her July blog hop card that I just had to try this technique myself. I scored the panel at 1/4 in increments and then adhered several Small Solid Hibiscus  flowers. I stamped them in orange, aqua and yellow and then fussy cut them. I love orange and blue together because they are opposites on the color wheel and not just because I graduated from the University of Florida *wink*. The sentiment A Little Message for You was stamped in versamark and then heat embossed in white. I added Melon twine and finished it off with an aqua button and a twine bow.

Head on over to the DeNami Design blog for some more fabulous creations from the design team!

16 comments:

  1. So pretty, Deb! Your flowers are so perfectly cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made this. Great layout and super cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made this. Great layout and super cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! This card is so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Deb! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a stunning card, simple and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Deb, those hibiscus are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the execution is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty, love the colors...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is simply gorgeous, Deb. I LOVE the colors you paired with orange (my current color obsession) and your flowers are PERFECTLY cut out. Oh and I have to say, people on Pinterest love this card too- it's being repinned quite a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!! You have EYES for styles! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving this card! I love the layout with the flowers outlining the top of the white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those flowers and the design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!