Sunday, July 29, 2012

Simple things

Recently, I have come to realize, despite the numerous photos that are on my computer, they are missing something......ME!!! My sister, who is a wonderful photographer, has encouraged me to get in front of the lens. It's a bit hard to do since I work full time. However, I have taken on this challenge since I want my children to remember their mommy when they were so small.

So, how did I accomplish this task most recently? I enlisted the assistance of my tripod, remote shutter release and my almost 5 year old. Yes, my daughter loves to pretend to be the picture taker, so she is all on board to help me out. She stood next to the tripod and jumped up and down, just like any adult would do to get a 12 month old to look at the camera and smile. I wish I had a secret video camera to have captured that moment. But, at least I have this photo of my son and me. Thank you, sweet Leah, for capturing this moment.




Be sure to stop by Rebecca's blog for more simple things.

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet photo. I have this same problem since I'm the one that takes the pictures in the family. I need to follow your lead and get in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely! We have the same problem over here. I have managed to participate in embrace the camera a few times this year, but not nearly enough. But we're getting there. I also got a remote shutter release but haven't tried that yet with the kids. Love the way your photo turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful beautiful Deb. Your son is adorable and I can only imagine your daughter the shutterbug. Lovely photos of you both. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're listenin' to me! ;)

    This turned out great. Leah did a fab job of getting Josh to look in the direction of the camera. I, too, wish you had a video camera rolling.

    Anyway, beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious priceless moment. And precious priceless memory of Leah for you to keep and remember every time you look at this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo. And, I'm sure you will journal that story, and always remember how this photo came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet picture. I need to do the same - get in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind words. They brighten my day!